NCache is now in nginx core , you can use it as nginx proxy cache. see here
NCache is out of maintaince from 2009.1.1
What is ncache?
a web cache system base on nginx web server. faster and more efficient than squid.
we have published a release version 2.3 on 32-bit linux and a release version 3.1_64 on 64-bit linux now, you can see the change log here
if you want to improve your ncache performance (32-bit) please see this wiki paper: AdviceIOPerfomance
and we will maintain it be fresh.
you can also visit here by http://www.ncache.org or http://ncache.googlecode.com
and left your message here
there is also have some BUGS, so if you find it please tell us, thanks alot.
- The large storage can save over 30,000,000 caches
- The self sort share memory hash index
- Base on the fastest web server framework : nginx
- The high throughput and high concurrent volume of the cache request
- Without http headers cache
- Low cpu cost and low iowait
- Memory cache the hottest data by MMAP like "varnish"
- Texturixer storage system
- Auto delete cache file when it is cold
How to use?
You can see it on the wiki paper HowToNcacheV2 and HowToNcacheV3.
- only support on linux 2.6 up (64-bit can support freebsd).
- do not have enough information about the Run-time statistics
The ncache Subversion repository is available
- The ncache.org domain expired in 2013 and was picked up at the godaddy auctions and the content was reset to point to the ncache project hosted on code.google.com